CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 21, 2011

In My Mailbox {11}



In My Mailbox is an amazing weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren that features the books we have received during the week.

Here are the books I bought this week:

The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
What’s your drink of choice? Is it a small pumpkin spice latte? Then you’re lots of fun and a bit sassy. Or a medium americano? You prefer simplicity in life. Or perhaps it’s a small decaf soy sugar-free hazelnut caffe latte? Some might call you a yuppie. Seventeen-year-old barista Jane Turner has this theory that you can tell a lot about a person by their regular coffee drink. She scribbles it all down in a notebook and calls it Espressology. So it’s not a totally crazy idea when Jane starts hooking up some of her friends based on their coffee orders. Like her best friend, Em, a medium hot chocolate, and Cam, a toffee nut latte. But when her boss, Derek, gets wind of Jane’s Espressology, he makes it an in-store holiday promotion, promising customers their perfect matches for the price of their favorite coffee. Things are going better than Derek could ever have hoped, so why is Jane so freaked out? Does it have anything to do with Em dating Cam? She’s the one who set them up! She should be happy for them, right?

With overtones of Jane Austen’s Emma and brimming with humor and heart, this sweet, frothy debut will be savored by readers.


The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
In the self-contained world of young Gilded Age Manhattan socialites, Elizabeth and Diana Holland reign supreme. Or so it seems. Scratch the surface, though, and you can detect festering jealousies that threaten to topple them. Elizabeth suffers a more literal fall when her carriage overturns and she is carried away by the swift East River current. That's only the beginning of the action and suspense in The Luxe, the launch volume in a teen series by Anne Godbersen's.




What do you have in your mailbox?
Best Blogger Tips

17 comments:

Vy

I haven't read The Luxe but the covers of the series are just gorgeous. Hope you're enjoying your reads :)

Unknown

I loved the Luxe series! I was so good! I hope you really enjoy it too!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Eden

Oh, you're reading Luxe? Intense. Be sure to tell us how you like it :) And The Espressologist looks super, I seriously have to go check that out. Thanks for sharing! :D

Christy @ TheReaderBee

I want to read Luxe! I've had it on my list for a while now, but haven't got to it yet. The covers are goooorgeous! Enjoy!

Jess Day

I loved the Luxe Saga! Hope you're a fan!

Tina

I've had my eye on The Espressologist for a while now, being the coffee addict that I am. :) Great stash, I hope you enjoy all of them! :)

Anonymous

Ooh, I absolutely loved The Espressologist! It was so cute and fun, and kept me up all night! I hope you like it as much as I did. :)

Check out what's in my mailbox! :)

Myranda

The Luxe was pretty good. I really want to read The Espressologist! I can't wait to read your review.

Thanks for following me, I'm following back! :D

Myranda @ My{reads}da

Nicole

New follower! I really liked the Luxe...haven't read the rest of the series yet. The Espressologist looks good too!

Check out my IMM here: http://pinkowlreads.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-6.html

Candace

I've heard the Luxe series is good! And The Espressologist looks and sounds good too! And it's making me crave a carmel mocha. YUM.

Amber

I haven't read the Luxe series but I did read The Expressologist and thought it was just adorable! I hope you love both your novels this week!

Angela @ Reading Angels

The Expressologist has been on my wishlist for awhile, it's looks super cute! Hope you enjoy it!

Little Miss Becky

The Luxe covers are all so gorgeous---they've always tempted me to read the series! Never have, though,...maybe soon! :)

Frosy

I haven't read the Luxe series they don't sound like something I would enjoy but I'm seeing them everywhere so I'll have to check that out. Maybe I'm missing a good book! The Espressologist sounds good and I love coffee! Looking forward to your review!

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books)

Your blog is so cute! Cupcakes. :) I love the cover of Luxe!! SO gorgeous.

Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books

I really liked The Espressologist! Hope you enjoy it. :)

Helena

I've never heard about "The Espressologist", but I think I might have to check it out. Sounds just like my cup of tea. Or perhaps coffee...

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...