CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 07, 2011

On My Wishlist {6}



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

I have heard so many good things about these books and I absolutely want to buy them the other day from a local bookstore.  But I am trying to commit myself from buying ban because I still have a lot of books to read, and my orders from Book Depository haven't arrived yet.  So I still have a couple of books under my TBR pile.

By the way, I also want to know if the books in this series are independent of each other?  I only saw the second and the third books and I want to start with those first.


The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan 

In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?


The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan


 Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan 
There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.  
Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?

What about you?  What do you have on your wishlist?
Best Blogger Tips

7 comments:

Jennifer A

These books are awesome! I just finished The Dead-Tossed Waves. SO good! I still need to read the last one.

They are related to each other, but they don't follow the same characters around(well, not exactly. I don't want to spoil anything). I'd definitely read them in order! They'll make much more sense that way.

You should definitely pick these up! They're worth breaking a book buying ban. :)

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Jamie

I really want to read these books too! Great picks.

Here is the link to my On My Wishlist....

http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-may-7-2011.html

Jamie @ Jamie's Bookshelf
http://jamielovesya.blogspot.com

Jules

I loved this trilogy!!!

I just finished reading them (and reviewing them) all last month.

Jules

Sarah

I keep seeing The Forest of Hands and Teeth everywhere! I really should try it out. *runs to add it my never-ending tbr list* ;)

Amy

Ooh, great picks! TFoHaT was really good! I still have to read the other two. Hope you get your wishes soon!

Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-my-wishlist-49.html

pussreboots

I got a little carried away with requesting books from the library. Usually the books trickle in but the library couriers were super efficient and now I'm buried under books. Come see which book I'm featuring this week.

Anonymous

Great picks! I've only read the first one, but I need to get around to the second books. :)

On My Wishlist

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...