CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

In My Mailbox {8}

In My Mailbox is an amazing weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren that features the books we have received during the week.

Here are the books I bought this week:


Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer


Every ghost has a story to tell.
The last place Tansy Piper wants to be is stuck in Cedar Canyon, Texas, in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of small-town kids. But when her mother decides to move to the desolate West Texas town, Tansy has no choice but to go along. Once there, Tansy is immediately drawn to the turret of their rickety old house, a place she soon learns has a disturbing history. But it's the strange artifacts she finds in the cellar—a pocket watch, a journal of poetry, and a tiny crystal—that have the most chilling impact on her.
Tansy soon finds that through the lens of her camera, she can become part of a surreal black-and-white world where her life is intertwined with that of mysterious, troubled Henry, who lived in the same house and died decades earlier. It seems their lives are linked by fate and the artifacts she found, but as Tansy begins spending more and more time in the past, her present world starts to fade away. Tansy must untangle herself from Henry's dangerous reality—before she loses touch with her own life forever.

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



What do you have in your mailbox?
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

Anonymous

I am SO excited to start Where She Went, I've heard it's just as fantastic as If I Stay which is great to hear. Through Her Eyes sounds like a wonderful read also. Hope you enjoy Yas! :)

Vy

I really need to start If I Stay since I've been hearing so much about Where She Went. Hope you enjoyed your books.

Unknown

A great pile of books! They all seem great. I can't wait to read Throught her eyes :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Christy @ TheReaderBee

I still haven't read Where She Went! I'm hoping I can get a copy soon, I really want to read it. :) Enjoy!

Katie

I want to read Where she went soon, as I read If I stay not a long time ago. Hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your review.

Check out my mailbox: http://monpalais.tumblr.com/post/5096127992/in-my-mailbox-8 as well.

Little Miss Becky

Oh, I got Through her Eyes this week, too! I can't wait to get it started---it looks so good!

Sally

Great books. I loved Where She Went soooo much.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html

Amber

You got two wonderful novels this week. I really want Through Her Eyes! Happy reading!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...