CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

On My Wishlist {3}



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

Whenever I go to one of my favorite bookstores, I always see these books by Esther Friesner and I just love the premise.  I am just so tempted to buy these, but I have way too many books in my TBR list.  I have been trying to restrain myself from buying more books though I know that sooner or later, I still will not contain myself!


Sphinx's Princess

Although Nefertiti is the dutiful daughter of a commoner, her inquisitive mind often gets her into situations that are far from ordinary, like receiving secret lessons from a scribe. And her striking beauty garners attention that she'd just as soon avoid, especially when it's her aunt, the manipulative Queen Tiye, who has set her sights on Nefertiti. The queen wants to use her niece as a pawn in her quest for power, so Nefertiti must leave her beloved family and enter a life filled with courtly intrigue and danger. But her spirit and mind will not rest as she continues to challenge herself and the boundaries of ancient Egyptian society. With control of a kingdom at stake and threats at every turn, Nefertiti is forced to make choices and stand up for her beliefs in ways she never imagined.
As she did in Nobody's Princess and Nobody's Prize, author Esther Friesner offers readers a fresh look at an iconic figure, blending historical fiction and mythology in a heady concoction.


Sphinx's  Queen 

Ancient Egypt springs to life in this enthralling sequel to Sphinx’s Princess. As she did in Nobody’s Princess and Nobody’s Prize, author Esther Friesner offers readers a fresh look at an iconic figure, blending historical fiction and mythology in a heady concoction.

Hunted . . . Overnight, every aspect of Nefertiti’s life has changed. She is no longer living at the royal palace as the intended bride of the crown prince. Instead, she is being chased by the prince and his soldiers for a crime she did not commit.

Hidden . . . Traveling with two of her dearest friends, including the crown prince’s brother, who helped her escape, Nefertiti takes shelter in the wild hills along the Nile’s west bank. She must rely on her own resourcefulness and skills (all those secret archery lessons prove very useful) as the fugitives fight to survive.

Haunted . . . But the need for justice gnaws at Nefertiti. She is determined to plead her case to the Pharaoh and set things right. As she begins to question long-held sacred beliefs—a questioning that could alter the fabric of Egyptian society—her extraordinary journey from commoner to royalty brings adventure, intrigue, and romance.
What about you?  What do you have on your wishlist?
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

pussreboots

Those sound like my kind of books! I've added a Diana Wynne Jones book to my wishlist this week. Come see what it is.

Jules

These sound great! I really enjoying dipping into interesting historical fiction ever once in a while.

Jules

Mel

Wow - those books sound fab! I love ancient egypt and any book set there immediately grabs my attention - thanks for bringing these to my attention! :-)

Lesley

I haven't seen those books before the covers are amazing. Here is my wishlist http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-my-wishlist.html

samantha.1020

The covers of these books are just gorgeous! I hadn't heard of them but am definitely adding them to my wishlist as well!

Sarah M

I love everything Eygtian. These look like they'd be great reads.

heavenisabookstore

I was looking at these a couple of weeks ago. Let me know if you read them. And like them.

Anonymous

I hope you get to read these soon :)


On My Wishlist

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...