CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

On My Wishlist {5}



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

I absolutely loved Sex and the City TV series and movies.  No matter how many times I repeat watching them, I never get tired of seeing them.  I haven't read the first book yet in The Carrie Diaries series and with the second one coming up this month, I absolutely wish to get my hands on both books for me to devour them!  


The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell

Before Carrie Bradshaw hit the big time in the City, she was a regular girl growing up in the suburbs of Connecticut. How did she turn into one of the most-read social observers of our generation?

The Carrie Diaries opens up in Carrie's senior year of high school. She and her best friends -- Walt, Lali, Maggie, and the Mouse -- are inseparable, amid the sea of Jens, Jocks and Jets. And then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture. Sebastian is a bad boy-older, intriguing, and unpredictable. Carrie falls into the relationship that she was always supposed to have in high school-until a friend's betrayal makes her question everything. With her high school days coming to a close, Carrie will realize it's finally time to go after everything she ever wanted.

Rabid fans of Sex and the City will love seeing Carrie Bradshaw evolve from a regular girl into a sharp, insightful writer. They'll learn about her family background -- how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. We'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where the next Carrie Diaries book will take place.


Summer and the City by Candace Bushnell


 Summer is a magical time in New York City and Carrie is in love with all of it.  The crazy characters in her neighborhood, the vintage-clothing boutiques, the wild parties, and the glamorous man who has swept her off her feet. Best of all, she's finally in a real writing class, taking her first steps toward fulfilling her dream.  This sequel to The Carrie Diaries brings surprising revelations as Carrie learns to navigate her way around the Big Apple, going from being a country "sparrow" as Samantha Jones dubs her to the person she always wanted to be. But as it becomes increasingly difficult to reconcile her past with her future, Carrie realizes that making it in New York is much more complicated than she ever imagined. pWith her signature wit and sparkling humor, Candace Bushnell reveals the irresistible story of how Carrie met Samantha and Miranda, and what turned a small-town girl into one of New York City's most unforgettable icons, Carrie Bradshaw.
What about you?  What do you have on your wishlist?
Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

J. Rosemary Moss

I was never a rabid Sex and the City fan, but I enjoyed the show and the side of Manhattan that it showed. In fact, what I liked best about the show was how Manhattan was almost the 5th main character. The city seems to be more prominent in the second book, so I might check that one out first!

Anonymous

I have read Candace Bushnell and her writing style is great. I read Sex and the City, Carrie Diaries, and 4 Blondes and I really liked them all!

I love the show too, and I don't mind the differences. I don't like the end of the sex and the city book however, but I have the show to make me happy in that area lol

http://extraordinarybooksblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/wish-list-1.html

Anonymous

Very interesting picks! I loved watching that show.

On My Wishlist

Alisa @ thenovelnook

I think I was a little young to appreciate the TV series, but I have watched both of the Sex In The City movies. I saw the 2nd of these books on the shelf a few days ago, and I wanted to buy and read them straight away. However, I'm on a book-buying hiatus at the moment, so maybe next time.
I hope you enjoy them when you read them :).

Alisa @ the Novel Nook

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...