CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 09, 2011

On My Wishlist {2}



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

I have been seeing The Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen in so many book blogs and I got to check out the books the other day in Goodreads.  Oh wow!  I think this is a pretty good series, especially that they are set in 1800's and in Manhattan and the book covers are just so wonderful and very vivid.  So now, they are part of my wishlist.

The Luxe
In the self-contained world of young Gilded Age Manhattan socialites, Elizabeth and Diana Holland reign supreme. Or so it seems. Scratch the surface, though, and you can detect festering jealousies that threaten to topple them. Elizabeth suffers a more literal fall when her carriage overturns and she is carried away by the swift East River current. That's only the beginning of the action and suspense in The Luxe, the launch volume in a teen series by Anne Godbersen's.

Rumors 


After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.
All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoon-maker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.
As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequel to The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.

Envy
In this sequel to Rumors, novelist Elizabeth Holland returns to the inner circle of New York's Gilded Age upper crust. Gramercy Park society watchers quickly notice that differences appear to be simmering between Elizabeth and her sister Diana. Meanwhile, troubles are also festering between celebrated newlyweds Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker. Apparently, the stately brass doors of Manhattan's 400 conceal more tumult than the general public suspects. Silk gowns and scandals

Splendor

New beginnings.
Shocking revelations.
Unexpected endings.
As spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.
Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty—but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.
In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?
What about you?  What do you have on your wishlist?
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

Mel

So many gorgeous dresses on the covers - but look like they'd be really heavy to wear! I've not not read this series either but have heard so many good things...hope you get hold of them soon! :)

Sarah M

Newest follower.
The covers for these books are gorgeous.

Mia

Thank You so much for stopping by my blog. New follower here. These books have been on my TBR list for a long time now.
Mia
http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/

Anonymous

I've been wanting to give this series a try. I've had Luxe on my Kindle for a while now...I should get to it. LOL Hope you get to read these soon :)


On My Wishlist

Unknown

I got The Luxe from the library one time, but didn't have time to read it before I had to return it. I'm not sure if I will pick it up again or not. I really like the Gossip Girl series, and would maybe start The Luxe after I finish that.

Unknown

It sounds like it would be a juicy miniseries! I'd love to be the wardrobe mistress for it. :) I hope you get to read these soon, they sound really great.

My Wishlist

Bookish Brunette

I'm weary about this series... I've heard it's not so great! You'll have to let me know what you think!

heavenisabookstore

I'd definitely like to read this series too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...