CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 23, 2011

TGIF! {6}

TGIF is a Friday feature hosted by Ginger at GReads! to recap the week on your blog and to answer a fun question.

This week's question is:

Explicit Materials: 
How do you feel about explicit language and/or sexual content in YA books?


Well, personally, it's really fine with me.  Maybe because I am already of age.  Although, looking at my son right now and imagining him reading a YA book or any book from any genre with explicit content, then I have to think twice in letting him read through it.  I can however guide him though... Explaining to him what it's for, what the reason behind a scene, the consequences of each action, each word.  In this way, I can still give him the parental guidance needed when reading these types of books.

But if I am the only one who will read it, I think there will never really be much of an issue.  I guess it really depends on the maturity of the reader.  

What about you?  What do you think of explicit scenes and/or languages in YA books?

Best Blogger Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...